Tuesday, January 6, 2015

LaVetta Bushman's Famous Rolls

Grandma LaVetta Bushman was an excellent cook.  She rarely used a cookbook and would always throw in 'a little bit of this, a little bit of that'.  She did write down one of her roll recipes, however, it is a little hard to interpret.
Tip: One of the secrets to this recipe that she didn't write down is to make sure the eggs are at room temperature.

 Here is a picture of Grandma Bushman with my mom, Barbara (about 11 years old)


Below is the final result of my first attempt making Grandma's rolls.  I followed her recipe exactly.  The only thing she didn't include was temperature and time.  I cooked them at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the roll.  They turned out great and I had my mom's stamp of approval.  She said they smelled and tasted just like her mom's.  That made me happy!


1 comment: