Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mom's Barbeque Brisket

Growing up I remember my mom making barbeque brisket almost every Sunday.  The aroma that filled the house made my mouth water and my stomach grumble.  I couldn't wait to eat it.

It's been years since my mom made that brisket, so I decided to do my best to re-create it and invited the whole family over for dinner.  Everyone gave me a thumbs up, so I guess I got the recipe right!

Barbeque Brisket


Ingredients:

Liquid Smoke
Garlic Salt
Celery Salt
Onion Salt (or powder)
Worcestershire sauce
Crushed pepper
Beef Brisket
1-2 Bottles BBQ sauce

Sprinkle first 6 ingredients on both sides of brisket. Marinate over night or 5 hours.  Bake at 375º covered for 1/2 hour.  Reduce heat to 275º and bake for 2 hours.  Apply BBQ sauce, turn meat over and bake covered for 2 more hours.  Remove and cut into slices, drain and sprinkle with BBQ sauce (bake 1/2 hour more if needed).

Here is the end result!


No comments:

Post a Comment